Mails are a very common form of communication, especially between companies, so it is important that we take into account certain aspects when writing our emails
In e-mails, as in face-to-face conversations, you have to know to keep the forms. Although the laws of communication by e-mail are, for the most part, unwritten rules, this does not detract from their validity and it is necessary to abide by them if we do not want to find ourselves in compromised situations.
To put us on the trail of what is and is not appropriate in email communication, Ragan Japan Email List com has published the following etiquette guidelines for emails:
Rules send email
1. Write simple and clear messages. When writing an e-mail, you have to stick to what is important and avoid taking unnecessary detours. The use of short sentences and lists also simplifies the reading of the e-mail by the recipient.
2. Answer all questions and be proactive. In this way, you avoid wasting time sending and forwarding emails to third parties.
3. Respond quickly. It is best to always respond within 24 hours of receiving the e-mail.
4. Use courtesy formulas. Even if it is an informal email, it is recommended that it always include the words “please” and “thank you”.
5. Don’t neglect your spelling, grammar, and punctuation. The opposite denotes a lack of professionalism.
6. Do not write everything in capital letters. This encourages clarity in reading the message.
7. Do not use special backgrounds, colored texts and emoticons. These items can be unprofessional to the recipient of the e-mail.
8. Double check the addresses of the recipients and the attached documents. In this way, we avoid regretting later on spreading information to the wrong recipients.
9. Be as clear as possible on the subject of the message. In this way, the recipient is prevented from ignoring our e-mails.
10. Never send an e-mail when we are angry. We will most likely regret it after what we have written.
11. Do not hide behind an e-mail in case of conflict. If the conflict is very serious, you have to bet on more direct means of communication such as the telephone.
12. The main subject of the email should go in the subject. In this way we will ensure that the recipient of the message does not waste time and immediately knows the subject you are going to discuss.
13. Use the CC field to make it clear to the recipient that the message is for their information, but not for them to take any type of action as a result of its receipt.
14. Use the Bcc field for large target groups.
15. Use the formula “answer all” only when it is really appropriate.
16. Show caution when sending large files. It is better to consult with the recipient in advance how they would like to receive the file.
17. Avoid sarcasm and jokes. The e-mail is not always able to convey to the recipient the real meaning of this type of humor.
Email marketing standards
As you can see when writing an email we must take into account several aspects related to both the form and the content. In addition, in many cases we deal with unknown people, so through that email they will have a Buy Leads first impression of you or your company. Many companies use email marketing to create brand image and be in communication with their customers.
Although writing an email seems like a simple task, it is not!
Don’t miss out on Marketing Di recto com and join our Telegram