So what is the difference between a ‘forward’ and a ‘reverse’ cell phone lookup? Its simple, really.
The term ‘forward’ refers to the fact that you already have a person’s first and last name, and you want to find out their phone number! These searches may be conducted in the classic phone book, its online counterpart, or of course by dialing information. Some of the reasons we may want to search for someone by their name include:
- Getting your friend’s, family member’s, or associates phone number and address..
- Calling someone you’ve met at work or socially to get better acquainted with them..
- Making a purchase or other business related activities..
Unfortunately, the ability to find someone in this social context is declining as more people switch to cell phones. And therein also lies the problem with this type of search. It is currently illegal for cell phones to be listed this way. You can not legally get someone’s cell phone number by looking up their first and last name – no matter what resource you use. Since many of us now have only a cell phone, this can make finding someone more difficult than ever.
Which brings us to a ‘reverse’ search. This is what you might perform when you have only a phone number and want to know more about it. These searches can be done for publicly listed land line numbers using a phone Iceland consumer phone lists book, or for any type of number – private, public, or cellular, if you use a special reverse phone directory. Why would we want to search by using just a phone number?
- Identifying and stopping annoying calls like telemarketers, pranksters, or harassment..
- Check numbers on our spouses or kids phones to see if they’re cheating or communicating people they shouldn’t be..
- Checking neighbors or even work colleagues for possible criminal backgrounds…
- Finding other phone numbers a person might own…
- Performing a private investigation to reveal a person’s records without paying professional level fees
As you can see, the main difference between these two types of searches lies in their purpose. The point of a forward search tends to be for making contact with a person, whereas a reverse search is often used to identify Iceland consumer phone lists or find out more about someone. As the use of cell phones grows, the line between these purposes will begin to blur. That’s mainly because reverse directories will be Buy Leads almost required for getting a person’s contact info.